A new look look at an old argument My principal concerns.
- “the people of the prince.” That prince is the prince of Rome which follows
- Daniel 10’s prince of Persia and prince of Grecia
- He, the prince of Rome “enforces” a covenant ? (the mosaic covenant Lev. 26:3-21) (*this is the same covenant Lev 26:3-21 that was enforced by the Babylonians.) this occurred in 70 AD with the destruction of the city and the sanctuary and took place after the death of the anointed one Yeshua. Whose death ended the 483 years. So then who is this prince and what is the covenant?
- The subject of this section is the 70 weeks not the Anointed One.
- It is the 7 times more Lev 26:18 if you do not learn the first time this you say is more of a figure of speech than a literal number. How do you come about making this interpretation. Look at the other uses of the number seven throughout the Word, and what do we find?
- moat can be a barrier ie a wall not just a ditch. Where was the moat that Herod built. Did it lie just below the wall. Did the moat circle the city? Where did they get the water to fill the moat? What was the purpose of the moat? Are there any remains of the moat? If the walls that surrounded Jerusalem were half way up the SE ridge sides why the need for a moat? If Herod built a moat how can we explain why the sides of the Antonia are built to discourage and attack. Why did Herod build a moat?
But you make this a major point int the interpretation of the “times of difficulty” so that it shifts the time of trouble when the city and the sanctuary are built to Herod. 37 BC to 4 AD. Herod’s period of rule was not as difficult for the Jewish people as the time of Nehemiah. While he was an evil man there was relative peace. So in what way was this a rebuild even in troublesome times?
Herod added onto the Zerrubable temple. He did not rebuild it.
The city and the sanctuary were destroyed 40 years after Messiah was cut at 483 years into Dans prophecy of 490 years. by the prince of Rome. And the end was in a flood; of blood and death to millions of Jews.